Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Banana-Raspberry Comfort Food

I know it's already Wednesday, and Monday seems like a distant memory, and the sky looks like this today:


But I swear, Monday was much less cheery with torrential downpours and unseasonably cold temps, leaving me jonesing for some comfort food. Crappy weather + comfort food = banana raspberry muffins? I have no idea either. The stomach wants what the stomach wants!

Wishing I could say my kitchen skills are up to snuff with those of Wear Flats To Dinner, the coolest food blog around, instead I settled for this recipe from the painfully typical Epicurious (slightly adapted).

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill AP gluten-free flour instead)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cups berries of your choice

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400° F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in one bowl, whisking to blend. Add the bananas, blending until smooth. Stir in the milk, eggs next, then fold in your berries. Divide batter between individual muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

With minimal ingredients and only two mixing bowls needed, these muffins are easy peasy to whip up. Should you encounter a rainy day, with a massive craving for bananas and/or berries, that makes total sense and I know exactly how you feel. Try these bad boys, they just might do the trick.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment