Friday, February 28, 2014

When One (Rather Heavy) Door Closes...

Today is my very last day working at 65 Bleecker Street. The last time I'll pass through these double doors (with the deceivingly heavy right-side one calling into question every "strength training" class I've ever taken).



The last time I'll ride the elevator three floors up, tromp through the hallways with the hardwood floorboards creaking below, and plop down at my desk. To know an office, a space, a group of co-workers will no longer be a part of daily life feels a bit surreal. In a different way than when you leave a job for a new one, with the old company remaining unchanged.










While feelings of uncertainty and a good amount of fear swirl through my head these days, I've decided to embrace change, not balk at it. A hunch tells me this one leads to something good, great even, and hopefully somewhere with much lighter lobby doors.

While cleaning out my office, I unearthed this months-old scribbled quote from Life of Pi which felt ironically very fitting for today: I suppose, in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye. 

So this is me taking a moment!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment